At Logan Graham &
Conner Accountants P.C., we are keenly aware of the potential impact of the
coronavirus (COVID-19). We are taking steps to provide for the continuity of
our client services and the safety of our employees and clients as we navigate
through the uncertainly of the outbreak.
We are staying up to date on the latest developments. The actions we are taking include monitoring resources such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC); the World Health Organization; the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA); our state government; & local public health department.
As you know, this is one of the busiest times of the year for accounting firms with tax filings and deadlines rapidly approaching. Disaster preparedness is an integral part of our firm’s risk management program and includes a viable pandemic response plan. Below are some of the features of the plan and the actions we are taking:
- Understanding the risk: This is a rapidly evolving situation, and we are monitoring reports from the CDC and other health agencies to enhance our knowledge and understanding of the spread of the coronavirus. We are tracking regional transmission in affected areas and are actively taking steps to support our employees and clients.
We have frequent communications with our employees, which include instructing them to stay home if they feel sick, how to recognize COVID-19 and its symptoms, the benefits of social distancing, and reminders about proper hygiene and other mitigations strategies.
- Ensuring access to our firm: Based on current guidance and our own standards and practices, our office currently has no plans to shut down at this time and will remain open and accessible, with some modifications. We have implemented enhanced cleaning measures for our office for the protection of our employees and clients in accordance with the current guidelines put out by the CDC and other health agencies.
- We will still be accepting your tax returns:
- March 23, 2020 is our firm’s normal cutoff to ensure your tax return is completed by the current deadline of 4/15/2020.
- You can still drop off your tax return after 3/23/2020, but it may need to go on extension.
- We will no longer be scheduling face-to-face appointments:
- Please drop off your source documents and we can communicate via phone or email.
- We are giving you the following options to pick up your tax returns:
- Pick up in person as normal (remember to keep social distance)
- We can mail the tax return to you with instructions to get the Signed Forms back to our office as soon as possible.
- We will inform you if any tax deadlines change and how this will affect your return.
- To ensure the safety of our employees and other clients, if you feel sick or have any symptoms, please refrain from entering our office.
With the evolving situation our firm is continuing addressing the needs of our clients. Our firm is also prepared in the event we need to operate from outside of our office with the necessary equipment, as well as backup systems and technical support, that will allow our workforce to work remotely. We remain committed to maintaining our firm’s quality control standards.
Our top priorities are the health and safety of our employees and clients. We will continue to monitor guidance from health experts and government recommendations and will do our very best to maintain the quality and timeliness of our services to you. We appreciate your flexibility and support during this time, and our thoughts remain with everyone affected by the COVID-19 crisis.
Logan Graham & Conner Accountants P.C.